Call For Application: Deputy Chief, Quality Assurance
About Busitema University: Busitema University, a renowned Public University located in Eastern Uganda, invites applications from qualified staff members to fill the position of Deputy Chief of Quality Assurance in the Directorate of Quality Assurance.
- Position: Deputy Chief, Quality Assurance
- Reports to: 1st Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic Affairs
- Terms of Service: Contract for four (4) years
- Age: Not exceeding 55 years at the time of the application deadline (November 22, 2023, 5:00 pm African Time)
Purpose of the Job: The Deputy Chief, Quality Assurance will co-ordinate and lead quality assurance processes at the University in alignment with National, East African Community, and International standards.
- Maintain strong relationships with all academic and non-academic units to ensure quality assurance in their operations.
- Conduct workshops, seminars, and conferences to raise awareness about quality assurance among students and staff.
- Benchmark best practices with other institutions and regularly audit the University's services and policies for compliance with standards and regulations.
- Guide the University in reviewing organizational performance and update unit heads on Quality Assurance issues.
- Facilitate unit and program evaluations, providing feedback on results and advising on improvements.
- Act as a liaison between the University and regulatory agencies, external Quality Assurance bodies, and professional bodies.
- Organize and coordinate external evaluation activities, reporting results to the University's management and faculties.
- Prepare a Quality Assurance Manual and develop evaluation tools to ensure quality control and maintenance.
- PhD holder and at least a Lecturer rank.
- Evidence of research experience and community contribution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of service in a university setting.
- Current staff member of Busitema University.
Required Skills: Monitoring and Evaluation, Curriculum Development, Analytical Skills, Leadership, Interpersonal/Communication Skills, Teamwork, Problem-Solving, and Change Management.
Note: This appointment does not interrupt the individual's service as a Teaching Staff member of Busitema University.
How to Apply: Applications can be submitted to the Directorate of Human Resources or at the Liaison Office at Lincoln Flats A2 East Makerere University by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 22, 2023, African Time.